adminfcpma No Comments

April, 3, 2019
There is a popular adage in our society that goes ‘the devil is not as black as he is painted’. The devil’s blackness and the gradient of black are determined by its creators. Therefore, it’s inevitable for those with an inquisitive mind to seek answers to the questions, is there really a devil? Or if the devil is really black?

Our country has been plagued with stories of devils and goblins from time to time. Each time, these devils and goblins would cause a commotion and eventually vanish into thin air. Among these phobias there is one such phobia that has continued to resurface within the society for some time, and it’s none other than Chrysotile roofing sheets.

The local Chrysotile industry dates back to more than 60 years, in other words it has served customers spanning three generations. However, to date there are no records of any consumers suffering from health issues caused by these roofing sheets. Even the former Director of Maharagama cancer hospital has ascertained this fact. The turn of events makes it evident that there is an underhanded ploy to mask the truth about Chrysotile roofing sheets, spread a baseless fear and try to distance the product from the society.

What exactly is this hidden truth?

One of the main causes of the so called Chrysotile roofing sheet phobia is the opinion established in the world towards asbestos. In addition, the society lacks awareness on the differences between amphibole asbestos and serpentine chrysotile. Despite Serpentine Chrysotile – a natural resource – being classified under asbestos, there are several key differences between amphibole asbestos and serpentine chrysotile. Several research experiments have proven that Chrysotile does not cause any health issues. Declaring its stance on Chrysotile in 2007, the World Health Organization stated that, ‘Controlled and well managed use of Chrysotile will create no health hazards to those working in the Chrysotile industry or the consumers.’

Even though amphibole asbestos is harmful for health, serpentine chrysotile does not cause any health hazards. Due to this reason many countries in the world have banned the use of amphibole asbestos, however over 150 countries including the U.S.A are still using Chrysotile based products with no restrictions. In other words 2/3 of the world population is presently using Chrysotile based products, hence debunking the baseless claims.

Chrysotile fibre is used by the local producers to manufacture Chrysotile fibre cement roofing sheets. The Chrysotile fibre cement mixture contains only 8% of Chrysotile fibre while the remaining 92% consist of water and cement. This further clarifies that only a fraction of Chrysotile fibre is used in the manufacture of roofing sheets. Therefore, instead of continuing its perennial name which has created many myths, the product will be rightfully and aptly referred to as ‘Chrysotile fibre cement roofing sheets’ henceforth as a means of addressing the problem of misrepresentation.

Chrysotile fibre cement roofing sheets are not only durable but are also quite affordable. In comparison to its counterparts in the market, the product’s cost per square inch is clearly low. It is also conveniently available and requires no regular maintenance. Furthermore, less wood is required for the installation which in turn helps to cut down the construction cost. These roofing products are available in a variety of colours, giving more charm to the most significant part of the house.

Users of Chrysotile roofing sheets benefit from a number of advantages such as having a roof with high fire resistance, sound absorption, ability to withstand any climate or environmental condition, leaving no spaces for venomous creatures, and the ability to withstand external impacts made by leaping monkeys.

These characteristics denote the significance of Chrysotile roofing sheets in comparison to other roofing products available the market. And there is no doubt that you too may have enjoyed its numerous benefits by now.

Therefore, as intelligent and responsible consumers, it’s important to gain a correct understanding in order to select the right product for your requirement. Knowing more about Chrysotile fibre cement roofing sheets will no doubt help you gain better product awareness, while paving the way towards building a long-lasting product loyalty.